Friday, November 11, 2011

BIRTHDAY CARD FOR GRANDDAUGHTER

Saturday one of our granddaughters will be celebrating her birthday.  My card for her will be posted tomorrow, but my mother-in-law asked me to make a card for Abby as well.

The stamp I used is from Penny Black "Sweet Thing".  I stamped it with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored it with Copic markers.  I wanted to just add dots of Stickles to the frosting on the cupcake but it came out in big "blobs" so I smeared it around the entire topping.  Stickles was also added to the wings of the little girl.

I have a tendency to color my objects and then search for the right patterned paper to use as the background.  I should choose the paper first since there are so many colors and shades of Copic markers but it worked out OK this time.  The brown layer of dp and the patterned dp is from a Basic Grey 6 x 6 paper pad "Bittersweet".

Remember...........if you are ever interested in Penny Black stamps, let me know.  I have an order I am preparing to send over the weekend -- so let me know and you will receive the everyday discount of 20%.

Your comments are always welcome.................Thank you for stopping by!

4 comments:

Lynette said...

Oh, she really is a "sweet thing!" Adorable card and great coloring. Your paper matches perfectly, too.

Anonymous said...

great card. working on a similar design right now for my granddaughter
~Pat

Sheri said...

Too cute. Just so sweet for a sweet little girl. I tend to do that with paper as well.

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful designer paper, Vicki! It coordinates perfectly with this sweet image you have colored!

A few days ago I watched a video from  Karen Titus  using 1" squares.  I thought it would be fun to pull out some scraps from one of my...