Monday, December 12, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ASHLYN

This is the card I made for our granddaughter, Ashlyn, who is 11 years old today.  And yes, guess what that means................she will be 12 on 12-12-12!!!!  What a special birthday that will be for her next year.

This card was made using a Honeypop stamp set from Inky Antics....."Sundae Birdy".  I colored the designs with Copic markers and was pleased that there was a color that matched the sundae dish so well.

When I make these, I do the inside of the card first to make sure I get the Honeycomb paper pieces mounted just right.  I don't want to have the outside of the card all finished and then ruin the inside.  

The dotted background paper was also a good match for color and came from a JilliBean Blossom Soup paper pad.  Before attaching it to the front of the card, I used my Martha Stewart punch to add the "Happy Birthday".  The little bird on the front was stamped, colored and then cut with the Spellbinders Lacey Circle.

I hope you enjoyed seeing this card.  They are so fun to make.  If you are interested, I sell the Inky Antic HoneyPop stamp sets as well as the HoneyComb papers and sell them at a 20% discount.  Let me know if you are interested.

THANK YOU for stopping by!  Your comments are always welcome..............I love hearing from you.

3 comments:

Lynette said...

What a fabulous card, Vicki! I really do love that honeycomb paper. Lucky Ashlyn to have such a cool birthday next year!

Joanne said...

What a WONDERFUL card! She will LOVE it...and I love it too! I am just going to have to get some of those sets from you...especially after seeing all the SUPER cards you have made with them and the honeycomb paper! The way you punched the Happy Birthday is cool too!

Anonymous said...

this is such a cute card. i am sure she will be thrilled to get it.
~Pat

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...