Thursday, January 12, 2012

LaBlanche Stamp

The design on this card is from a LaBlanche Stamp which I purchased from Joan's Gardens.  I had never heard of LaBlanche stamps and assumed it was going to be a wood mounted stamp.  I was wrong.......it is white and made of silicone.  I didn't have a lot of success with the first two tries, but I was able to get just the right help I needed after I contacted Joan at Joan's Gardens and also Selma from Selma's Stamping Corner.  I believe Joan's sale on LaBlanche stamps is still going on if you want to check them out.

To use this stamp I used Memento Tuxedo Black Ink on Glossy Paper and then colored with Copic markers and got good results.  I had tried stamping the image on a smooth card stock but the detail of the stamp was not nearly as good.  I just noticed that the picture makes it look as though I didn't center the image on the dark green layer very well.  Actually I believe it is the angle which gives that appearance since I was very careful when I put it together.

You can see a beautiful card that Selma made with this same image on her web site.  I pretty much stick to the 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 inch cards so I wasn't able to accomplish the same presentation but I hope the recipient will enjoy it.  One of my husband's card-playing partners is in the hospital so we are sending it to him.

(NOTE:  The price of Copic markers is going up again so if you are needing any contact me soon before I need to increase my price as well.)

Thank you for stopping by!  Your comments are always welcome..................I love hearing from you!

6 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Oh, Vicki! What a gorgeous coloring job on this beautiful image! I LOVE it!

Harriet Skelly said...

Beautiful image and card! I just got 2 LeBlanche stamps from Joan's Gardens also - haven't used them yet. Thanks for the info regarding using them.

Sheri said...

Pretty card. Interesting company it seems. I can't wait to see the spring birds come back

Anonymous said...

beautiful stamp. turned out so well
~Pat

Char said...

Love the bird stamp and how you colored him/her ;-) Birds remind me of spring and although we haven't really experienced winter just yet (really weird year), I am ready for spring.

Selma said...

Wow Vicki this is gorgeous. You did a beautiful job coloring the image and it looks centered to me. I'm sure the recipient will love your card.

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...