Friday, January 13, 2012

LITTLE BLUE BIRD

A few days ago I purchased this cute little bird stamp for only $.99 from A Cherry On Top's web site. For that price I figured I could make some quick cards.

The card on the right is actually the one I did first and my original idea did NOT work so I spent far more time getting something put together than I had planned.  Eventually this is what I got made.  

The card on the left is much simpler and really did go together quickly.  The embossed tree was made with a Crafts Too embossing folder which I have had for a long time but had never used.

On both cards I stamped the image with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink and colored them with a set of BIC permanent markers which I purchased at a good price a while ago.  The color of the darker blue ink matched very well to SU's Ballet Blue paper and ink  The frame around the bird was cut and embossed with one of the Spellbinders "Classic Frame" die set.  The sentiment was stamped onto a piece that had been cut with the Spellbinders Fancy Tags die set.  (I can no longer get the "Classic Frame" set but if you are interested in the Fancy Tags or any other Spellbinders just let me know.)

Thank you for stopping by!  Your comments are always appreciated................I love hearing from you!

2 comments:

Lynette said...

Cute cards, Vicki! love your embossed tree!

Joanne said...

This is so CUTE! I came to tell you how realistic your last card was and found 2 more! You have been busy! And this little guy DOES make adorable cards!

BUNNY TREAT BOX

This  treat box  is great for just adding a few small Easter treats. Thank you for stopping by!