Wednesday, January 25, 2012

MORE SNOW

We have had such a mild winter here until last week that I hadn't been thinking about making cards with snowflakes. Now all of a sudden we've had two snow days here for our school district.  Monday's was more because of icy roads.  With the weather changing to more seasonal temperatures and snow on the ground I made yesterday's and today's cards.

The background paper that I used on this card came from the same Little Yellow Bicycle pad that I had used yesterday.  I also used the same Fleur de Lis Spellbinders die for the white layer.  The other white piece was cut using one of the Fleur de Lis Motif dies.  The snowflake was cut with the Cuttlebug snowflake die using white card stock but then the turquoise glitter was added.  The white flourish at the bottom looked a little plain so I added a turquoise gem to the center of it.

Thank you for stopping by!  Your comments are always welcome...............I love hearing from you!

3 comments:

Lynette said...

They are both so pretty, Vicki, with the blues and the snowflakes.

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Vicki! I love the sparkle!

Anonymous said...

love the colors of this one
~Pat

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...