Saturday, February 25, 2012

BUTTERFLIES STAMPED WITH GELATO

I was having fun playing with the Gelatos I had just purchased so I tried it again by applying it right to this Penny Black stamp and then misting it with water.  I had more luck getting a good image when I used the craft pad under the card stock.

I had a scrap of SU Tempting Turquoise card stock that was about the size I wanted so I punched the top edge of it with the Martha Stewart butterfly border.  The image was trimmed and added to the turquoise layer.    Once again I wanted to find just the right embossing folder and liked the way the Crafts-Too "Daisy Flourish" looked with the image.

Interesting note:  I had recently found a good deal on some Darice embossing folders so I ordered 5 of them that were "different" than ones I had.  Well, guess what!  The Darice "Floral Border" is exactly the same as the Crafts-Too "Daisy Flourish"!!!  So now I have two of the same thing.  That isn't bad enough another one I ordered is also a duplicate with a different name.  I had no idea that two companies would make the same folder but call it something different.

If anyone is interested in either of these duplicate folders that I bought, just let me know.  They would be $4.00 each plus a little to send them.  It is difficult to take a picture of embossing folders but the one is called Darice "Floral Border" and the other is called Darice "Star Border".

2 comments:

Joanne said...

WOW...the butterflies are so beautiful in these colors! Love that border with the punched butterflies...as well as the folder you used! Gorgeous card!

Lynette said...

Gorgeous butterflies, Vicki! Love the embossing, too. Beautiful card!

Using the pattern from  this  video referred to yesterday, you will get just one of this card.  Karen Titus added her squares right to the c...