Wednesday, February 22, 2012

TWO NEW ITEMS USED

Last summer on a trip to Branson, MO, I purchased the stamp for the lacy oval  as well as the stamp that has the rose design..........after all this time they had sat on my shelf but Monday I was determined to use some items that had been purchased but  never used.

I stamped the lacy doily with VersaMark on SU Pretty in Pink card stock and then embossed it with white embossing powder.  The rose design is actually larger than that and will be on a card tomorrow.  It was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then colored with Copic Markers. Fortunately one of the Spellbinders Classic Ovals was perfect to make the rose design fit inside the lace design.  But I had to cut the lace design out using my craft scissors.  

The rose embossed background was made using a Cuttlebug folder on the front of a card -- and I'm not sure that I ever used it before either so maybe I actually used THREE new items that had been in my collection.  After just laying the lace oval on the front, I decided it looked too plain so I cut the embossed background from the front of the card and cut it down slightly.  Then I ran the edge of the pink Copic marker around the edge to give the illusion of another layer.  

Glitter was added to parts of the stamped roses, but I don't believe that shows up in the picture.

Thank you for stopping by!  Your comments are always welcome...............I love hearing from you!

5 comments:

Lynette said...

Very beautiful, Vicki! And how awesome to use so many unused items. I sure do love that doily stamp, and it's wonderful stamped on pink and embossed with white.

Carla said...

Gorgeous card, Vicki! I love those flowers and the colors are so pretty. I love doilies and I love it on your card. Hugs,

Harriet Skelly said...

This is so lovely Vicki! Great job using your unused items - I have been trying to do that as well!

Sheri said...

Vicki, it is beautiful! Good for you, using things you have and have just been sitting. Bet you use this more often now :)

Anonymous said...

just beautiful ~Pat

BUNNY TREAT BOX

This  treat box  is great for just adding a few small Easter treats. Thank you for stopping by!