Friday, March 23, 2012

FLIP FLOWER & NEW TECHNIQUE

Yesterday I had fun doing something new and and fun.  Do you ever watch the Gina K videos?  Yesterday she made a background using waxed paper.  I had never done it before and I had the iron hot already from ironing some clothes.  I really liked the way it came out.  

You can see the video of it here:  Gina K Designs Stamp TV

After I had the background made I decided to use a new Sizzix die that I had purchased after seeing it used on this blog:   The Craftiblog  (March 20, 2012 post)  When I saw Bonnie's post, I broke down and purchased the die to make that very cute flower.  Her blog also has a video showing how to make it.  Check it out.

Here are two picture of the card.  One with the flower closed and one with it flipped open by pulling down on the stem:


 
It took me a couple of tries to get it assembled just right because I was trying to do it from memory.  It was easy once I assembled the pieces as I watched the video.

So what do you think?  Thank you for stopping by!  

5 comments:

Lynette said...

Cool flower and background, Vicki! Great card.

bonnie32002 said...

I love that I enabled you on getting the flip flower...definately a fun purchase! You did a great job with the wax resist background. I haven't tried that in a few years and it is worth revisiting.

Sheri said...

I saw the Gina K video. You did a super job with it. And that flip flower is really cool. Great card!

Joanne said...

LOVE this card! Your BG with the wax paper turned out WONDERFUL, and the flip flower is AWESOME!
Boy, I sure enjoyed seeing you today!

Anonymous said...

Sunflower is my Favorite design because it reflect true colors of nature and great feeling also friendly feeling,great work.

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...