Sunday, July 1, 2012

FAUX CLOUDS

I should be using some of the stamps that I have had for a long time which still have never seen ink, but..............this is a stamp I purchased in Branson MO last week.   There was a sample of it on their wall and it was just too cute to pass up.

The stamp could actually be used and colored just the way it is once it is inked and stamped onto card stock but I wanted to have some dimension like their sample did by adding tiny punched flowers. 

I started off by stamping the image right onto a piece of 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 white card stock.  The punch I used for the little flowers didn't quite cover the portion of the stamp that showed the flowers so I inked it again but wiped away some of the ink of the flowers and it worked much better.  The birdhouse and vine were colored with Copic markers.

The little bird was stamped in the upper left portion of the design.  I wanted another bird on the right hand side of the birdhouse.  When I took the Michelle Zindorf class I learned how to do a "mirror image".  I stamped the bird again onto the smooth side of the clear sheet that is used with the Stamp-a-Ma-Jig using Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then quickly flipping the sheet over onto the card stock.  The image isn't as crisp as if it had been stamped right onto the card stock and it isn't as dark.  I used the fine tip of the Memento Tuxedo Black marker and went over the outline which helped and once it was colored it looked a lot better.

So..........tell me what you think.  Thank you for stopping by!

3 comments:

Lynette said...

Very pretty, Vicki! Love the mirror-image bird and the tiny little flowers - cool!! Your clouds are great, too.

Anonymous said...

Hi Vicki... very cute birdhouse. Bonnie

Anonymous said...

Awesome, Vicki! Your cards are always a treat for the eyes!
- Ann

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...