Monday, July 16, 2012

A LITTLE TOO BRIGHT..............

The stamp store in Branson MO which I visited in June had a sample card on the wall showing this image.  We have a finch feeder outside our bow window in our living room.  Although we haven't had as many Goldfinch this summer for some reason, I decided to purchase the stamp and I took a picture of their sample card.  (You can see a picture of the sample card below.  I wasn't real crazy about the glittery portion but used it as a guide. They didn't have the vertical sentiment stamp .)

I stamped the image using Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then colored with Copic markers.  Since the image has a black fine line around the bird feeder design, I trimmed it leaving a border of white around the outer edge and then colored that border with the yellow Copic marker.  The colors I used just happened to go well with the SU papers that I used for the card base and green strip.

The card is pretty bright so not real crazy about the end result.  One thing I would have done differently though would be to emboss the white layer with a texture of some kind.  If you have any suggestions to improve how to use this image, I would welcome anything you could offer.  Thank you for stopping by!

2 comments:

Lynette said...

I think it's very pretty, Vicki, and I don't have any suggestions to improve it!

Sheri said...

I like it just the way it is. Love how you did the seeds. We didn't have one goldfinch this year. What's up with that?

A great way to use up sheets of your designer series papers is to do One Sheet Wonder patterns.  This one was a little different because you...