Friday, October 5, 2012

USING UP SUPPLIES

 
The card above and the card below were both made using some of the large supply of papers I have from Lasting Impressions.  This one is called Melon.  I had some flowers that blended very nicely with the paper so I was able to use items that I have had for quite some time.
 
For the 1st card, I used a die from Papertrey Ink to cut the three open squares from the layer of Solid Melon paper and then attached a flower in each of the openings.
 
For the 2nd card (below), I cut the open squares right out of the card base and mounted the flowers on the inside of the card to show through the openings.
 

Sentiments: Happy Birthday (top card) from My Sentiments Exactly
Birthday (bottom card) from Paper Inspirations
Thank you for stopping by!

5 comments:

Lynette said...

They are both very beautiful, Vicki! Love that color. I love that die, too, and I'm happy I purchased your "extra" one:)

Sheri said...

Both are so pretty but I like the bottom one best. It shows the flowers off better. Good for you for using up supplies.

Char said...

Love both cards. Each is pretty in it's own way. The color of the card is reallllly pretty.

Anonymous said...

love the 2nd one. so original and uses such pretty colors
~Pat~

Heather T said...

What pretty cards; they have classic layouts and gorgeous colours.

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...