Friday, November 9, 2012

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, LYNETTE & JIM

This is a card I made for my friend, Lynette, and her husband who are celebrating their anniversary today. 
 
Using post-it notes, I masked the top and bottom portion of the card front and sponged SU Close to Cocoa and Dusty Durango inks in the open area.  Then I stamped a Penny Black design with Close to Cocoa.  I stamped it off onto scrap paper once.  Next I huffed on the stamp so that any ink that was left could be stamped one more time onto the card with a shadow affect.
 
Some of the gals on our Yahoo Group have been doing this on cards and I love the affect of the sponged ban across the front of a card.  I had so much fun doing it that I made several more cards using different colors.  They will probably show up here too.
 
(NOTE:  I forgot to take a picture of this card before I sent it to Jim and Lynette so I "borrowed" the picture she took of it.)
 
Thank you for stopping by!  Won't you tell me what you think?

3 comments:

Lynette said...

Very pretty, Vicki!! Thanks so much for sending it to us - we love it! (Glad you could use my picture of it:) )

Sheri said...

Very pretty. Love the stamped off flowers in the background

Joanne said...

LOVE the strip of color through the center....it's perfect with the flower you chose. Beautiful card!

BUNNY TREAT BOX

This  treat box  is great for just adding a few small Easter treats. Thank you for stopping by!