Tuesday, January 22, 2013

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY


My brother and his wife are celebrating their anniversary today and this is the card that I made for my mother to send.  I cased a card I saw at a craft show back in November.  Wish I could have taken pictures of so many of her cards but of course I know that would have been rude.  :)

The stamp set is a retired set -Terrific Tulips from Stampin' Up.  It is a 2 stem process to do the flower buds and two separate stamps for the stem and leaves.  Inks used were Wild Wasabi and Elegant Eggplant. To soften the look I sponged some of the Elegant Eggplant ink around the edges of the floral design.

On the inside of the card I added a couple of the cute little butterflies above the sentiment.  Your comments are always welcome and appreciated.  Thank you so much for stopping by!


4 comments:

Annie said...

This is such a pretty card, love the colors you chose!!

Lynette said...

I love your beautiful tulips, Vicki - very pretty card!

Sheri said...

Beautiful card. I love that SU stamp set

Joanne said...

This card reminds me of spring....and hopefully reminds them of the springtime of their love! Well done!

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...