Monday, March 4, 2013

IDEA FOR EASTER

 

A few days ago I decided it was time to start thinking about making some Easter cards.  I'd like to make enough to send to some of the local residents who are in care centers so I'd better get going. 
 
The card base is just a plain white card stock.  I cut a second white piece that was 5 1/4 x 4 inches so I could cut windows into the top layer.  Using the Swiss Dots embossing folder I ran just the bottom half of the white layer through the Cuttlebug.  I chose the "Happy Easter" sentiment which is from Paper Inspirations and stamped it on the top half of the layer.  The squares were cut into the embossed area with a single die from PapertreyInk.  PTI has four seasonal sets that are perfect to use with the square die and the one for Spring has these cute little bunnies.  Each stamp set has 2 different themes.  In order to get the bunnies stamped in the centers of the openings, I attached the white layer to the card base.  Since the stamps are clear I could easily place them right where I wanted them.
 
Inks used for this project are from the SU 2012-2014 In Colors:  Primrose Petals, Summer Starfruit and Gumball Green.  I made two more cards using the same die and stamps but with different colors.  This one is my favorite because it looks so Springy.
 
Since you have stopped by to check out my blog, I'd love it if you would take a moment to leave a comment.  I really do appreciate hearing from you!

4 comments:

Sheri said...

really pretty. I have that set but you use it better than I do. Great job!

Harriet Skelly said...

This is so cute and thanks for the reminder to get my set out and use it!

Annie said...

What a pretty card!! love the bunnies, and the layout!

Anonymous said...

Neat card! I guess you had better get started if you want to make that many. You’ve got more ambition than I.

   These are two cards I made using the second format from Robin Armbrecht's video.  (You can see a link in yesterday's post.)  I li...