Friday, March 1, 2013

UP, UP AND AWAY


In an effort to use supplies and stamps that I already have and not used enough, I pulled out this cute stamp set from PapertreyInk which uses buttons as part of the design.  The card base is SU Green Galore and was run through the Cuttlebug with a Craft Concepts "Garden of Trees" embossing folder.   I thought the trees were a good choice to go along with the hot air balloons.

I cut a strip of PapertreyInk dp and edged it with a Martha Stewart punch.  The balloon part of the design was stamped with VersaFine Onxy Black ink and the "grass" was stamped with SU Green Galore ink.  I have a variety of buttons so I just chose colors that went well with the card stock I was using.  I chose a black mat for the design which I think really makes the image pop.

Thank you for stopping by!


2 comments:

Sheri said...

So cute! I have that set - need to pull it out.

Lynette said...

Very cute, Vicki! Way to go with using up supplies! I have so many buttons and rarely use them. Such cheery colors!

   These are two cards I made using the second format from Robin Armbrecht's video.  (You can see a link in yesterday's post.)  I li...