Tuesday, April 16, 2013

BLOSSOM SPRIG DIGI


This is a second digi which I purchased over the weekend.  My friend, Lynette , had posted a card recently with the image she had purchased.  I knew it was an image I would like to use too.  I colored the flower blooms with two shades and the leaves with two shades of Copic markers. 
 
Most of the time I don't think to choose my papers and then choose the markers I will use and this time was no exception.  I was lucky that the color I used on the blooms went well with the SU Calypso Coral and the leaves went well with the Wild Wasabi dp. 
 
When I see a sketch that I think I'd like to try sometime, I copy them into a folder on my computer.  That is where I got the basic idea for this card.   Around seven years ago I purchased some Spirelli punches and haven't used them nearly as much as I should have so I pulled one out and punched the pieces that are inserted behind the stamped image.
 
Thank you so much for stopping by!  I hope you will take a moment to let me know what you think of today's post.  Questions are also welcome!

2 comments:

Joanne said...

GREAT cloring on the flowers!Another wonderful Spring card....and the way you used the spirelli punch is so creative! Looks like sun bursts!

Lynette said...

Another pretty card, Vicki! I love the papers you chose to go with your colored image. I agree with Joanne- the spirelli pieces look like sunbursts.

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...