Sunday, April 7, 2013

PENNY BLACK - DAHLIAS

 
Recently I ordered this set for myself from Penny Black.  I wasn't real sure if I'd get a lot of use out of it but for some reason I was drawn to the large flower.  I had an idea for it based on a card I had made at a workshop.

 
This is the first card I made with it.  I cut the three pieces of white card stock.  Using the middle and bottom white layers, I stamped the large flower onto both at the same time.  (If you try this and there is a small gap of the design between the two layers the colored layer you place behing it will cover that gap.)
 
For this card I wanted to use the SU Perfect Plum ink to stamp the large flower and to color the main image.  Memento Tuxedo Black ink was used to stamp the flower and then I colored it with the Perfect Plum marker.  There was a minor problem - the Perfect Plum was a little too dark and the petals didn't show up very well.  Since the stamp is clear, I simply inked up the flower bloom with the black ink again and carefully stamped it over the top of the Plum color.  I was relieved that it lined up just right. 

 
I had so much fun making that card that I decided to make a second one and used a lighter color - Marina Mist.  Oh and I moved the leaf close to the stem this time.  On the first card I actually added it to cover a little "irregularity"......you know how that happens?  I definitely like the second card the best.
 
If you would be interested in this stamp set, let me know.  It retails for $15.49 plus your sales tax.  My price is $11.50 plus $1.85 to send it.  (Sales Tax only applies to Iowa residents.)  If you would like to order a set, I am submitting an order to Penny Black on Tuesday, April 10.  Orders need to be in to me by Noon, Central DST.

So what do you think?  I always appreciate it whenever you leave a comment.

1 comment:

Sheri said...

I like them both but am drawn to the blue one. I surely have no idea what you mean by an irregularity LOL

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...