Tuesday, May 14, 2013

FAITH IN NATURE


This card was planned around the beautiful paper from Graphic 45 "French Country Collection".  I cut a piece to cover a little more than the bottom 2/3 of the card.  Since the dp is double sided, I used a strip of the striped side across the top edge. 
 
The next step was using the pear stamp from the SU stamp set "Faith in Nature" which was perfect with the pear in the dp.  I stamped it with Close to Cocoa ink on ivory card stock.  Using a Q-tip I added Crushed Curry and then went over that with Cherry Cobbler.  The leaf was colored with Old Olive.  The ivory card stock was too bright so I sponged over the entire piece with Antique Linen distress ink. 
 
When I went to add the stamped layer to the Crushed Curry card stock, the Curry layer seemed to be too bright so I sponged the distress ink over it as well to tone it down.  The bottom layer was then added.
 
The top of the card was still plain and needed something so I stamped the border on with Blue Bayou ink and again the ivory card stock was too bright so I sponged over the entire border area with distress ink.
 
I really like the result I got on this card and hope you will tell me what you think.  Thank you for stopping by!
 
(P.S.  If you like this paper, I can get the Graphic 45 paper pad for you at a discount.  Just let me know if you'd like to order.)

5 comments:

Lynette said...

A very pretty and well-coordinated card for sure, Vicki! love the pear.

Ann Schach said...

WOW! This paper is fabulous! It works so well with the pear image. This is a gorgeous card, Vicki!

Harriet Skelly said...

I love the coloring of the pear - it really matches the dp!

Char said...

You did a great job coordinating the pear image and the DP.

Joanne said...

This image is so PEAR-fect for the paper!!! Wonderful card!

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...