Friday, May 3, 2013

LOVE FOR BIRDS


Since the loss of our furry friend "Okie" about three years ago, I have had to make due with putting out some bird feeders. It actually has been fun getting a nice variety of feathered friends visiting us.

As promised yesterday, this is the other set of three stamps that are in the Papertrey "Take Three Summer" stamp set.  I'll try to clearly explain how I did the section with the birds.  I have a "template" that I made with white card stock using the die that cuts the three squares evenly spaced.  I place the template on my craft sheet and then place each stamp centered in one of the squares with the stamping side down.  Next I take an acrylic block and place it on top of the clear stamps, lift the block and then ink the stamps with VersaMark ink.  The designs were then heat embossed with Opaque White embossing powder on a piece of Baja Breeze card stock.  See pictures at the end of the post showing the steps described.

My next step was to get a border to place over the stamped images.  I used a piece of Not Quite Navy card stock which was larger than I needed and die cut the three squares with the die.  Here is a picture of the die that goes with the clear stamp sets. 
 
The frame was pretty narrow so I used dots of Tombow Mono glue to attach the two pieces. The card base had been embossed with a Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder before adding the bird images. Then I added the punched design under the birds.
I'm not sure if I explained this very clearly, but please feel free to ask questions. Here are the pictures of how I spaced the images:
 
The Papertrey die


The template I made with the die
 
The stamps face down inside the squares
 
Placing the acrylic block on the stamps
 
THANK YOU FOR STOPPING BY!
 


6 comments:

Sheri said...

Very pretty. We had an oriole at our feeder yesterday. So exciting! I ran for the camera but he would not hold still long enough. I am watching again this morning!

Sandy said...

What a lovely card Vicki. The use of the swiss dots embossing folder on the background piece really makes your focal images pop.

Ann Schach said...

Gorgeous, Vicki! This one definitely has a "wow" factor for sure! That die is awesome!

Annie said...

I really like this card!! and how you did a tutorial about it!! I love feeding birds too, I was so excited to get pictures of Mtn Blue Birds again this year.

Harriet Skelly said...

I love this one too!

Joanne said...

I truly appreciate you showing how you accomplished this! The directions were really clear and helpful. LOVE the card and the colors you chose....the birds are so perfect in the squares!

BUNNY TREAT BOX

This  treat box  is great for just adding a few small Easter treats. Thank you for stopping by!