Thursday, May 30, 2013

PINK AND BLACK CARD SWAP


A few days ago I made this card to send to my friend, Georgia, for a card swap that our Yahoo group was having.  The basic idea came from a similar card I saw on Pinterest but I put my own touches on it.
 
The largest butterflies were made with an SU punch.  The other sizes were made with a couple of different Martha Stewart punches.  I used my white gel pen to add tiny white dots on the black butterflies just to give them a little more character.  The border on the black background was also made with a MS punch.
 
Recently when I placed an order for customers, I purchased the Penny Black "Say it with flowers!" stamp set.  The sentiment I used on this card is from that set.
 
Thank you so much for coming by!  Comments are always appreciated!

2 comments:

Annie said...

I love your pink and black card, and the way you used the border and butterflies!

Char said...

Love how you did this card...very pretty!!

I have been in a butterfly card making mood, lately, for some reason.

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...