Friday, October 25, 2013

AUTUMN MAPLE LEAVES


The leaves in our areas are really beautiful in some areas right now.  The colors very from a deep red to a lot of yellow and everything in between.  My husband has covered the strawberry bed for the winter weather that will be coming all too soon and done some other seasonal preparations outside.
 
When I had the SU "Gently Falling" stamp set out working with it last week, I decided to try stamping the outline of the Maple Leaf stamp randomly on the front of a card.  My intention was to use it as subtle background.  Well I should have inked the stamp and then stamped it off a couple of times before applying it to the card OR I should have used a much lighter ink.  The images were much too dark for what I was wanting to do.

To "save" the card, I inked up the solid image of the leaf and stamped the leaves with Cajun Craze, Crushed Curry and More Mustard.   In order to soften the background around the leaves I sponged Soft Suede around the entire front. 
 
The sentiment is a stamp from Paper Inspirations which I have had in my "stash" for a long time.  Before stamping it, I sponged the Soft Suede around a piece of card stock and then stamped the Happy Autumn.  It was cut out with a Spellbinders Labels Six die. 
 
Thank you for stopping by today!  Please come back again next week when I will be posting more of the cards I have made recently.

P.S. If you haven't seen a Stampin' Up Catalog or the Holiday Flier and you would like a copy, contact me at the email address beside this post.

2 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Vicki! Such a gorgeous example of random stamping!

Lynette said...

Love your new cards, Vicki!

Jackie Bolhuis had a  video a few weeks ago using these little birds. All of these use the layouts use a strip of dsp measure 1 3/4"-2...