Monday, October 7, 2013

PEACE ON EARTH

 

I mentioned last Friday that I was going to be attending another SU Workshop last Saturday.  The entire workshop was making beautiful Christmas cards.  It sure gave me a head start for the long list I have to make.  I made two of this one and  8 other designs.......one of the additional designs you will see later made with 2 different color combinations.
 
This was about as easy to make as any could be since the demonstrator had all of these pieces pre-stamped and pre-cut. 
 
Since the layer next to the large circle is glitter paper, it was difficult to get the white layer to stick so she had cut out a smaller circle from the glitter paper - letting the navy below show through.  That way the white layer was easily adhered to the navy.  I haven't stamped a message inside, but I may just write my own when it comes time to send it.
 
I will be adding more holiday cards in the coming days.  I haven't done anything yet for Halloween so I probably better get on that soon............I have 6 grandchildren who will probably be expecting one.  Thank you for stopping by!

3 comments:

Sheri said...

So very pretty!

Anonymous said...

beautfully different and wonderful. love the colors

Joanne said...

The photo is great, but can not compare to seeing it in person .....it sparkles and glitters like the sun!

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...