Monday, January 20, 2014

VIVID VASES #3


After using the Vivid Vases stamp last week on several cards, I happened to remember this Cuttlebug embossing folder and decided it was perfect for stamping the five vases above "Happy Birthday".
 
I used Memento Tuxedo Black ink but left off the wording which appears on the stamp just below the vases.  In order to get the vases in the right spot, I used the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig for placing the design.  I used SU markers to coloring in the blooms.  Since the card stock I used is from Papertreyink, I was able to use a C1 (Cool Gray 01) Copic Marker to put shading on the vases.  Sorry it doesn't show up really well on my photo.  My SU markers were all too dark to get the look I wanted.
 
It made a very simple one-layer card.  What do you think?  
 
Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Lynette said...

I love it, Vicki! It's my favorite vases one yet:)

Bonnie32002 said...

Very classy and now I want that embossing folder too!

Ann Schach said...

Wow! One of my favorite cards of your's EVER! Clean and simple perfection!

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...