Tuesday, February 11, 2014

BACKYARD BASICS - Butterfly

 
As you probably have read here before and seen on many of my cards, I LOVE butterflies.  This is another card inspired by looking at Pinterst.  My basic idea came from a card I saw there but my arrangement of the butterflies is different.  I cut the butterfly shapes in the white card stock first and stamped the "thinking of you" below the shapes.
 
The white layer was then embossed with the Swiss Dots folder and layered onto a piece of SU Bashful Blue cardstock.  The butterflies were stamped onto a piece of Bashful Blue dp.  I added glue just to the very center of the pieces and placed them on top of the solid blue areas that were showing through the top layer.  All of this was then added to the white card base.
 
 The side view of the card shows how I flicked the wings of the butterflies to give more of an appearance of being in flight.  I think this is a card that can be used for several different occasions.
 
Thank you for stopping by!

 

3 comments:

Harriet Skelly said...

Love these butterflies!

Bonnie32002 said...

I love butterfly's too. Love the soft colors.

Sheri said...

How springy! So pretty :)

BUNNY TREAT BOX

This  treat box  is great for just adding a few small Easter treats. Thank you for stopping by!