Thursday, February 6, 2014

HAPPY WATERCOLOR #4


Not too long ago I saw someone's card using this Spellbinder's Diamond Effects die set.  I received it recently and decided to give it a try on this card. 
 
The base is Stampin' Up! Pacific Point card stock.  I cut the largest background with white card stock.  Then a second layer was cut with the Pacific Point.  A white oval die is included in the set so I cut that one to use for the floral design.
 
I tried coloring one of the floral designs using the Pacific Point marker but it was a little too dark and covered the detail of the flowers.  Instead I used a Copic marker but then used the Wild Wasabi marker for the leaves and stems.  The flowers are a little brighter than I wanted but the next time I am going to try the Copic Peacock Blue and see if that might be better.  
 
I think this is a die that I will be able to use frequently......at least I hope I do.  Tomorrow I'll have more than one post for you......one Stampin' Up! and a second one for a special someone.  Is that enough tease for you to come back?
 
Thank you for stopping by today!

2 comments:

Bonnie32002 said...

Oh my. Another die that I will want! Very pretty!

Ann Schach said...

Wow! What a die...What a card! This is awesome, Vicki!

Aren't these birds cute?  I've had the stamp set for a while and just hadn't inked it up.  The littlest bird was cut out and pop...