Monday, March 3, 2014

FAREWELL TO A SPECIAL FRIEND




Today I have to say farewell to a very special friend.  Those of you who follow my blog know that I belong to a group of ladies who meet each year in June.  Last Thursday, the "mother" of our group died and today we have to say our final good-bye to her.    I am so glad that six of our group will be attending the funeral together to honor our love for her.  She was a truly wonderful lady who had a wonderful sense of humor and a really big heart.  Our group shared many good times together - not just making cards, but sharing meals, feelings, prayers and most of all laughter. 


This picture is from last year's lunch we shared at Biaggi's before all of us parted ways to head to our own homes.


God was good to us by blessing us with a day when weather didn't prohibit our special plans.  Six of us were able to visit our friend on January 28.  Even though we knew it would be the last time we saw her, it wasn't all sadness.   We enjoyed visiting, laughing and had a really special lunch together.  She leaves us with an emptiness in our group and will be missed!!! 

6 comments:

Annie said...

What a lovely card, and a lovely tribute to our Joanne. She surely will be missed!!

Ann Schach said...

I am so sorry for your loss, Vicki. I will be keeping you and your circle of friends in my thoughts and prayers...

Kris said...

We were so lucky to have known her and her humor and talents. She was a strong women with love and understanding for all. Miss you!

Karen Dunbrook said...

Beautiful card...so very sorry for your loss.
hugs

Lynette said...

What a wonderful tribute to a wonderful lady. What an honor to have known her. We sure will miss her - every day. Beautiful card, Vicki.

Lynette said...

So sweet, Vicki. We will miss Joanne very much.

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...