Monday, March 31, 2014

TWO CARDS TODAY

Last week kind of got away from me.  I've been making lots of Easter cards mostly for the Independent Living Center where my mother lives, but others as well.
 

This is one that I made using the Stampin' Up! Backyard Basics stamps and dies sets.  This has been a really great set to make cards.  I used the SU  "tulip" embossing folder for the card base.   
 
 
Our Yahoo group had a color card swap using green and white.  This is the card I made to send to my partner. 
 
 First I used a Spellbinders Classic Square die to cut the window.    Then I ran the front of the card through the Cuttlebug using the Swiss Dots embossing folder.  I had the stamped design out last week to make the birthday cards so decided to use it again.   I stamped it in Garden Green on the white square that had been removed from the "window" and then matted it on Garden Green card stock.  I stamped the sentiment on white card stock and then cut the piece with one of the two-piece tags from Spellbinders.  The Green tag is the other die from that two-pieces that go together.
 
I'll try to get cards up each day this week.  (And I won't try to do an April Fool's for you tomorrow.)   Thank you for stopping by! 
 

2 comments:

Lynette said...

Great cards, Vicki! I especially love the second one.

Sheri said...

The tulips are so springy! Beautiful card. And the green and white is very nice. Great job

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...