Wednesday, May 28, 2014

YES, I'M STILL HERE

 
Some of you probably thought I had disappeared.  Well, in a way I did for almost two weeks.  More about that later.  Now it's time to show one of the recent cards I have made.
 
The Yahoo Group to which I belong has an "Artist's Choice" card swap each month for those who want to participate.  This is a card I made for my partner, Sheri.  I used the SU  Watercolor Wonder paper under the white hexagon die cut piece.  (I purchased my die before SU came out with one similar).  The little flowers are from the SU Petite Petals stamp set and coordinating punch.  Sentiment is from Inkakinkadoo.
 
Now.....where have I been?  No, I wasn't ill.  I was on a wonderful trip East with my husband, my high school best friend and her husband.  My husband and I left home on Monday, May 12 and drove to Lancaster, PA to meet our friends.
 
 
This was taken outside our motel near Lancaster.  While in the area we toured Amish Country.
 
 
May 15:  We boarded Amtrak in Lancaster and went to NYC.  The first night we saw Mama Mia!  EXCELLENT!!!
 
 
May 16:  We took the ferry to see the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island.  The weather was not so nice that day, but I was so glad that I got to see the Statue up close and personal. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
May 17:  We took a 911 Walking Tour.  The guide gave us a lot of information that we had not known before.  The pictures are of the new tower, the 911 Memorial and St. Paul's Church.  You may remember that St. Paul's church is very close to where the Twin Towers collapsed.  This church is amazing.....it had also previously survived two large New York City fires. 
 
 
May 17 ended with attending Phantom of the Opera.  I loved it....my husband not so much but he was a trooper knowing I wanted to see it.
 
 
 
May 18:  We stopped by St. Patrick's Cathedral but I couldn't get good pictures because of all the scaffolding inside and out.  Our next stop was Yankee Stadium where we enjoyed seeing the new Yankee Stadium and watching a game.  The picture is of Derek Jeter up to bat.  On our way back we made a short stop at Central Park but didn't have time to go very far.
 
 
We ended our trip to NYC by going to the Ambassador Theater and seeing the show "Chicago".
 
A few more pictures tomorrow of the rest of our trip.  Thank you for stopping by today.

1 comment:

Sheri said...

And the card is even more beautiful in person! Thanks Vicki! Your vacation pictures are really fun to look at. Thanks for sharing them

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...