Thursday, July 31, 2014

ELIZABETH CRAFT DESIGNS

When I was in Des Moines in June, I purchsed some of these really neat peel-off stickers from Elizabeth Craft Designs.  I have some from a different company one time but I love these.  With an outline sticker this size I had to be very careful when trying to stick it onto an acrylic sheet to be colored.  The stickers are very flimsy and if you aren't careful they can be difficult to get onto your cardstock or acrylic sheet the way you want them. However, I found an easy way to do it.  I peeled off the sticker and put it face down on my craft sheet.  Then I took the acrylic sheet and laid it on top.
 
 
 
My friend, Lynette, also purchased some of these and made a card very similar to this.  I used BIC Permanent Markers to color right onto the top of the acrylic within the lines of the design.  The Red/Orange color covered the surface very well but I had difficulty getting the light blue colored nice and even.  The green did OK.

 
For this card, I embossed a piece of white card stock with an SU Fancy Fold folder and blocked of an area to use for the design using a "Darice Easy Frame for Embossing Folders".  I was able to add this smaller design to the card without the sticker loosing the proper shape.  Once again I colored with BIC Permanent Markers.


And the third card was done much the same way as the second card shown above.  A small butterfly from a Martha Stewart punch was added.  These images could also be colored with Gel Pens on Acrylic pieces or Copic markers if they are mounted onto white card stock. 
 
Tomorrow I will show you cards made with other designs from Elizabeth Craft Designs.  Do you think you'd like to try these peel-off stickers?  Thank you for stopping by!

1 comment:

Lynette said...

The stickers are great, Vicki, and so are your cards. I still have many more to use!

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...