Wednesday, July 23, 2014

MEMORY BOX BUTTERFLY

Sorry I'm a little slow in getting something posted today.  I forgot that I hadn't scheduled anything and this morning I was experimenting with ideas for an invitation to be sent out to my high school class who will be celebrating our 50th Reunion next summer.  (I was just a baby when I graduated because I can't be that old!)
 
 
When I was in Des Moines getting together with my Yahoo Group friends, one of them had this 2-pc Memory Box set of dies.  She had made a card using this beautiful glitter paper that she got at Michael's.  At first I cut out the solid piece AND the outline with the glitter paper but decided that black would really set off the design much better. 
 
Once I got home I assembled the pieces and used a mat of Stampin' Up! Baja Breeze card stock.  The card base is SU Black card stock.
 
 
This was the second butterfly I had cut out while in Des Moines.  The glitter paper is just so pretty to use for these butterflies and there were two different color combinations.  This one really went well with SU Ballet Blue card stock.

Thank you for checking out my post for today!

1 comment:

Lynette said...

They really are gorgeous, Vicki! You have turned them into great cards, too.

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...