Tuesday, August 5, 2014

A VIRTUAL CARD TO A FRIEND


When I was in 6th, 7th and 8th grades, I attended a church camp in Clear Lake, Iowa during a week each summer.  I loved going there.  I met one girl there who I remained friends with for a very long time and we would stay in each other's homes during summer vacations after that.  We lost touch for a long time but reconnected through Facebook a while back.  I don't have her address so I'm going to post this card and tag her with the photo so she knows I'm thinking of her on her birthday.  All these years later I still remember it. 

I love this Stampin' Up! Thinlets Label Die.  I saw a card very similar on Pinterest.   I used a different stamp from the same stamp set - the Hostess Set "I Like You" and colored it adding some yellow to my design.  I didn't have any of the gathered ribbon she used as an embellishment so I just cut a strip of the same Costal Cabana card stock and embossed it with a Cuttlebug border folder.
 
Your comments are always appreciated so if yu have time, I'd love to hear from you.  Thank you so much for stopping by today!

1 comment:

Lynette said...

How cool to send her a "virtual" birthday card, Vicki! And it's a beauty:)

Aren't these birds cute?  I've had the stamp set for a while and just hadn't inked it up.  The littlest bird was cut out and pop...