Thursday, October 2, 2014

BACK SAFE AND SOUND

I was shocked when I realize the last time I posted anything was September 10th.......way too long!!! It really has been a busy time though.  The stamp sale I was preparing items for was very successful so glad I took the time to get so many things ready.  Then it was time to start getting things ready for our trip to the Dakotas.  I don't have any cards to post for you but over the next few days I'll show just a few of the pictures I took while we were gone.
 
The first visit we made was unplanned but so glad we had learned of it from a lady who happened to start a conversation with us while we were enjoying ice cream comes.  The first two pictures were taken at an actual Mammoth "dig" in Hot Springs, SD.  The site was accidentally discovered by a contractor who was planning on using the property for apartments/condos.  When he started preparing the property he found bones and called the proper authorities. 
 

 
The last three pictures shown here are from Custer State Park.  We drove through there the first day just to see what wildlife we could find.  We knew they would have begun the process of gathering the buffalo for the roundup the next day but we did still find a few up close.  And of course the wild donkeys are always fun.  They will put their heads right in the car as you can see.  (The date on my camera should have been 9/25)


 

The fun continues tomorrow............ 
 

No comments:

A few days ago I watched a video from  Karen Titus  using 1" squares.  I thought it would be fun to pull out some scraps from one of my...