Friday, January 23, 2015

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PAM!

 
My best friend from high school is celebrating her birthday today.  This is the card I made and sent to her.
 
The stamps are from the new Stampin' Up! Butterfly Basics set.  The picture doesn't show it but I stamped a "honeycomb" type design on the layer using River Rock ink as kind of a shadow.  The next step was to add the fern leaf.  I used Wild Wasabi ink and stamped it off once lightly before adding it.  I wanted it to appear to be behind the flower and since I would be coloring in the flower design, I didn't have to mask an area.  The flower was colored with Tangerine Tango and Wild Wasabi.  The Memory Box butterfly was the final touch before matting the design.
 
I always appreciate your comments so while you are here, let me know what you think.  Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Lynette said...

Love the flowers, Vicki. I also love the lined envelope!

Ann Schach said...

Wow! Beautiful, Vicki!

Marilyn Mathis said...

You make such beautiful cards. I save many for inspiration. TFS

Bonnie32002 said...

I expanded the photo and the honeycomb does show up! I really like your 2nd generation stamping tip so you don't have to mask...a real time saver!

Harriet Skelly said...

Love this card - the colors are so lovely and that lined envelope really finishes off this beautiful project!

From the pattern on  this  video you will get two cards with this layout.  These are mine. Thank you for coming by today!