Friday, January 16, 2015

SPELLBINDERS FEATHERS - NBUS Challenge #3

 
 
 
Recently I became aware of a challenge called NBUS (Never Before Used Schtuff) and I have A LOT OF THAT!  Yesterday I made a card for a challenge and decided it would be fun to try another one -- this time for NBUS.
 
Feathers seem to be very popular right now and I had ordered the Spellbinders feather sets a while back.  But as I do so many times, they got set aside with a lot of other things that I have not used yet.
 
For inspiration I turned to Pinterest.  First I cut and embossed the feathers - 2 from one set and 1 from the other.  I sponged them with Stampin' Up! Crisp Cantelope and Brown Sugar inks. 
 
Next, I cut a piece of white card stock (4" x 5 1/4").  A couple of years ago I bought some "Cover-A-Card" cling background stamps from Impression Obsession.  The background on the top of the card was made using the "Scratches" stamp.........another item that had never been used.
 
I added a piece of Stampin' Up! burlap ribbon which was on my table and then stamped the "Happy Birthday" sentiment.  The cluster of feathers was attached and a bow made of "twine" was attached with a glue dot.
 
You can see the challenge here: NBUS Challenge #3  You may need to scroll down to see the qualifications to participate.
 
This card met the qualifications for the challenge but it also meets a request for a card that my mother needed for the husband of one of her granddaughters.  He is a hunter and I thought the feathers might be appropriate.
 
I always appreciate your comments so while you are here, let me know what you think.  Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

Lynette said...

I love your feathers, Vicki! What a great background for them, too.

Sheri said...

I love the feathers and the background. This is a great card!

Bonnie32002 said...

Ever since the feather dies came out I've wanted them, sigh. Just another enabled moment I guess. Lol!

laurie said...

Awesome card..so pretty. I love the feathers!

Anonymous said...

Vicki, this is really pretty. Love the burlap used on the card with the linen thread. Kris

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Vicki! I love the burlap, and the colors!

Darnell said...

I agree with you, Vicki. I think this will be a great card for him! I love your feather design with the burlap and twine and appreciate the inspiration since I also have some feather dies that are NBUS!

It's lovely to meet you and become your newest follower! I'd love to have you pop back over to my place and follow me, too, on my side bar! Thank you very much and thank you for playing in my NBUS Challenge #3!! I hope to see you again soon! Hugs, Darnell

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...