Wednesday, February 25, 2015

1 NEW and 1 FROM PIECES

 
I have become a "collector" of metal dies and I am determined to start using some that I just had to have.  This card used three dies, and a stamp set with coordinating punch.
 
Let's start at the beginning.  Several months ago I purchased the Penny Black "Petals" die.  Once I got it I was intimidated by it and didn't know how I wanted to use it.  Today I cut a piece of patterned paper with it and this piece of white card stock.  The patterned piece was attached to a piece of white card stock but was put aside because I don't know what to do with it.  The white piece needed color under it but I wanted the color to be varied.  I chose a piece from the Stampin' Up! Watercolor Wonder dp.
 
I cut the 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" piece down so that just a narrow boarder of the Island Indigo card base with show and set off the whole design.  The sprig of leaves is from a Memory Box "Fresh Foliage" die.  The flowers ("SU Flower Shop") were stamped and punched. The top flower was added with a foam square for some dimension.  I felt it needed just a little more so I added an Island Indigo "hello" in the upper corner.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this shade of blue. I like the peekaboo too, that's pretty. Great job

bonnie32002 said...

I love the light colors behind the white peeking through!

Lynette said...

Very pretty, Vicki! Great use of some of your dies and punches.

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...