Friday, February 6, 2015

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TUCKER


I was searching my folders of saved cards and Pinterest to find a cute card to make for Tucker. There are so many cute ones made with punches and I don't think he is too old for one like this.  Doesn't everyone love puppies? 
 
The ears and paws were made with the Stampin' Up! Build a Flower punch (not sure if that is the right name).  I used a Spellbinders circle die for the head.  The eye were punched using the "Owl" punch.  The original card I saw used an ornament punch for the nose but I didn't have that one so I used two sizes of Spellbinder oval dies for the nose.  The smaller one was cut in half.
 
Instead of embossing the red portion of the card, I stamped paw prints with VersaMark and then stamped the sentiment over them with VersaFine black ink.
 
This card was so much fun that I made two more for when my mother needs them for two of her great-grandsons.  I hope you will take a moment to leave a comment.  I really enjoy knowing what you think. 
 
Thanks for stopping by!!!  Have a GREAT weekend.  I think we're in for more snow on Sunday!

4 comments:

Lynette said...

SO sweet, Vicki! What a clever use of punches.

bonnie32002 said...

Stinkin' cute! I wish I had been a card maker when my kids were small. They would have loved not only getting this but recreating it too!

Ann Schach said...

What an adorable card, Vicki! Who wouldn't want a puppy card!!!

Sheri said...

how adorable! I have seen those punch animals but never had the right punches. Great job I know he will love it!

Using the pattern from  this  video referred to yesterday, you will get just one of this card.  Karen Titus added her squares right to the c...