Monday, March 9, 2015

FEATHERS - Part 1


This past week I became obsessed with making cards using feather designs.  I posted one a while back that I really liked and decided to go with it again.  I have the Stampin' Up! "Four Feathers" stamp set and coordinating dies.  I turned to Pinterest again to get me started.  This is pretty much a CASE of one I saw there.  I did use a stamp from the SU "Gorgeous Grunge" stamp set for the dots behind the feathers instead of the one on the card I used as an inspiration.
 
The feathers were stamped with VersaMark and then embossed with Silver powder.  I used Pacific Point and Tempting Turquoise markers to add bits of color to them and then used the dies to cut them out.  I was happy to see that I had a button that worked well for color in the stash of buttons that I have and never seem to use.
 
Now this card was pretty much copying one I saw and the one tomorrow and Wednesday will be similar to others I saw on Pinterest, but then I have more cards with feathers that I will be posting which I did on my own.  So if you have feather stamps you'd like to use, tune in for more each day this week.
 
I'd love to hear from you about what you think of today's card and the others that will follows.  Comments are always appreciated very much!    Thank you for stopping by!

No comments:

BUNNY TREAT BOX

This  treat box  is great for just adding a few small Easter treats. Thank you for stopping by!