Wednesday, March 25, 2015

STAMPIN' UP! - Ears to You


I had intended to post a card yesterday, but I was very busy stamping and coloring designs for all of the Easter cards that I want to send.  In the end, I forgot to post something.  Using colors for Easter cards is especially fun this year since we are all so tired of that awful word "Winter". 
 
Two years ago I found this stamp somewhere after Easter and wanted it to use last year.  Last year I forgot to use it.  This year I was determined to do something with it.

I used three Stampin' Up! markers to color the bunnies, stamped it on white card stock and then cut and embossed it with a Spellbinders oval die.  The yellow mat was also cut with a Spellbinders die.
 
The bunnies seemed to need something under them and I knew what our granddaughter, Taryn, would tell me.  "They need grass, Grandma!"  She loves using the Martha Stewart punch so I honored Taryn by adding some grass.  It was shaped with the oval die after I had punched it.
 
The card base was embossed with the Swiss Dots folder and then I used the Martha Stewart Wild Flowers Edger punch.  I really like the Swiss Dots with the pretty floral punched edge.

I'd love to know what you think of today's card.  Thanks for coming by!

1 comment:

bonnie32002 said...

The embossed background and lacy looking border totally make this card!

   These are two cards I made using the second format from Robin Armbrecht's video.  (You can see a link in yesterday's post.)  I li...