Saturday, July 4, 2015

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY

Today my husband and I have been married 47 years!!!  Yes, we got married on the 4th of July with flags flying and fireworks.  He's been a wonderful husband and father........ and now is such a wonderful grandfather to our six grandchildren!  I think I'll keep him. 


I don't usually post cards on the weekends anymore, but since it's the 4th of July and I have a new patriotic card to show, I thought I would share it today.

This card was one I made for a red, white and blue color swap.  My partner for the swap was Sheri.  The basic idea came from Pinterest, but I did mine slightly different by embossing the red panel.  Instead of using a solid navy star in the lower corner, I used two dies so the center would be open.  I also did the sentiment right on the white star instead of  the way it was done on the one I saw.

Even though I love the color combination, I don't usually make very many patriotic cards but I really liked how this one came out. The card I received for the swap was from Sheri and she also used stars for her design.  The sentiment on hers was "I thank my lucky stars for you!" so it will be even more versatile for me to use.


Card from Sheri

It's a busy weekend, so I hope all of you are having some special celebrations of your own.  Stay safe and I hope you'll stop back again next week.

2 comments:

Lynette said...

Great patriotic card, Vicki. Happy Anniversary to you and Gary!!! Hope you get a chance to celebrate.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful patriotic card. I especially like it being on the craft paper background

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...