Tuesday, July 14, 2015

HOT WEATHER CARD


We had been enjoying some really nice mild weather, but summer turned on the heat the last few days.  Yesterday when I was looking through cards on Pinterest, I found a cute card that was perfect for this weather.  You can go to Nutmeg Creations, scroll down and you will see the card I saw on Pinterest.  I already had cards scheduled to post for today through the end of July, but decided I couldn't wait to share this one and made some changes.  Colors used are white, black and two of the 2015-2017 In Colors (Cucumber Crush and Watermelon Wonder).

The card I saw had strips of green cardstock making the stripes.  I have a stencil from Stampin' Up! to make stripes, so I sponged the new 2015-2017 In Color Cucumber Crush on to the white card base.    The slice of watermelon was made using Spellbinders Circle dies.  By using the entire circle, I have enough to make one more card.  The seeds were made using the Mini Heart punch and cutting the hearts in half.

Isn't this just a really neat idea for summer?  It would make a great card to use as an invitation for a BBQ.  I'll probably save it to use for one of our two granddaughters who have birthdays in August.


Thanks for stopping by!!!

4 comments:

Harriet Skelly said...

This is so cute Vicki! Great use of your punches!

Cindy Schuster said...

Love your version Vicki! Great idea to use it for a summer BBQ invite too! Hugs!

Lynette said...

What a fun card, Vicki!

Anonymous said...

Great summer card

Using the pattern from  this  video referred to yesterday, you will get just one of this card.  Karen Titus added her squares right to the c...