Wednesday, December 23, 2015

CASING LYNETTE


A few days ago Lynette posted a card using the Memory Box "Small Circle Burst" die.  I had never thought about using it for a Christmas card.  A few days later we were in town and my husband had something he wanted to get at Michael's. (Yes, I said my husband wanted to stop there.)  He went his way and I went mine.  We both had coupons to use.  I found several packages of these wonderful little Poinsettia dimensional stickers.  I knew exactly what I was going to do with them.  And to make it even better when I got home I discovered that I had gotten an even better deal on them than I thought!


Lynette had positioned her die off to the side and put a sentiment on the front.  To make mine different, I cut the design right in the middle and used a different embossing folder.  Once I had the die cut/embossed piece on the red foil paper, I realized that the red flower was not going to work the best in the center.  

I pulled out my Spellbinders scalloped circle dies and found one that fit perfectly on the white circle that had been cut out.  By using the biggest die that would work, just a hint of the red shows through around the scallops.


I am very pleased with this card and you can bet there are going to be a bunch of these made next year since I bought 6 packages and there are 9 in each package!!!  Thank you, Lynette, for the inspiration!

Won't you tell me what you think?  I love getting your comments and truly appreciate them!  Thank you for coming by today!

3 comments:

bonnie32002 said...

I left Lynette a comment the other day telling her how much I liked that die! She said that you sell them? You might have to tell me how much, just in case I get Christmas gift money lol! Love your design with the Poinsettia flower!

Lynette said...

Your card turned out great, Vicki! I'm glad I used up some "card parts" so I could inspire you. LOL!

Anonymous said...

Awesome and beautiful card making. Merry Christmas to you and yours

Jackie Bolhuis had a  video a few weeks ago using these little birds. All of these use the layouts use a strip of dsp measure 1 3/4"-2...