Monday, January 4, 2016

WELCOME 2016!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!

On Sunday, December 27th we had our family Christmas get together.  It was wonderful having the whole family there.....including both of our mothers (ages 93 and 95) and both of our daughters' families.  That night the two youngest grandchildren stayed with us until Wednesday afternoon.  Later that day their oldest sister came to stay with us for one night.  How special to have a 17 year old granddaughter still enjoy coming to spend time with us.  It was a lot of fun but tiring.

Due to the busy schedule we had last week, I found myself needing a "vacation" from posting on my blog.  It seemed that the holidays had caught up with me and I developed a cold and was really tired.  I spent very little time on the computer and absolutely no time stamping.

But now I am going to try to get back in the swing of things and have some new cards for you to see.  


I thought I had the Spellbinders Nested Buttterflies, but I guess I must have sold them.  (Isn't that the way it happens?  When you decide to get rid of an item then you discover you wish you had kept it.)  The die I used for this design is from Spellbinders but is one of the Grand Shapabilities Wonderful Wings set.

I cut a piece to use as a mask and then put it over a piece of white card stock.  The sponging was done with SU Baja Breeze and SU More Mustard.  While the mask was still in place, I stamped the SU Upsy Daisy stamp with VersaFine Onyx Black ink.  The mask was a light weight card stock but still prevented the image from stamping clear to the edges of the butterfly so I added some black with a black marker.   To do this type of image again, I would cut a second mask of the same die using typing paper which would be much thinner.

I've always loved cards done this way but have rarely done one myself.  I hope you like the card and give this a try.  Thank you for coming by today!

2 comments:

Lynette said...

Pretty card, Vicki. I like that technique, too, but rarely do it. The holidays can be very exhausting, can't they! :) I think a lot of us came down with bad colds.

Harriet Skelly said...

This is beautiful and my favorite technique to do!

Using the pattern from  this  video referred to yesterday, you will get just one of this card.  Karen Titus added her squares right to the c...