Tuesday, May 31, 2016

I'M HOME

I realize you didn't even know I was gone.  We took a trip East to Charleston SC and lots of stops on the way to and from there.  (And YES, thankfully we were home before the bad weather moved into Charleston.)  Before we left I scheduled posts for the last two weeks.  Now I don't have anything new to show you so I will just give you a couple of pictures from our trip.

Our first stop was in Louisville KY and we enjoyed a tour of Churchhill Downs where the Kentucky Derby is held.


Barbaro was a beloved race horse and is buried under that statue.




.

We took the tour that included going to the back where the horses are kept and saw how they are exercised and bathed.  They are such beautiful animals.


Our next stop in Louisville was where they make the Louisville Slugger bats.  Coming from a small town where baseball plays an important part we had to stop there.  Pictures were not allowed on the tour so this is all I can offer on that.  This was not a real person standing there.  

I hope to have some new cards to post soon.

No comments:

Aren't these birds cute?  I've had the stamp set for a while and just hadn't inked it up.  The littlest bird was cut out and pop...