Friday, May 6, 2016

STAMPIN' UP! ROSE - #3 & #4


When I cut this white Rose, I had intended to paper piece it.  I found that there were way too many pieces to try to figure out where to go.  It was already on the white card base so I decided to make it into a sympathy card.  The sentiment was heat embossed with gold powder.


I still had the outlines from the pieces I had cut for the paper piecing, so I trimmed the appropriate areas and used the outlines instead.  I added the die cut pieces to an embossed 4" x 5 1/4" white layer.  The sentiment is from the coordinating stamp set and cut with one of the dies.  To make the sentiment stand out a bit, I lightly sponged just the ends of the piece and then added it to the card with foam dots.  I don't think I'll be paper piecing the rose any time soon.  

My only thing I would change is remembering to use the STICK IT on the back of the card stock to make it much easier to add to a layer.  I forgot to do that on all of the cards I made with this die.  I used the Stampin' Up! Fine TIp Glue which works but needs to be used very carefully and then recapped quickly so the tip doesn't clog.

Thank you so much for coming by today!  HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!

No comments:

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...