Thursday, August 17, 2017

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ALLISSA!


Our oldest granddaughter is having a very special birthday today!  On her 19th birthday, she is moving into her dorm at the University of Iowa.  I thought it would be fun to make a card fitting the occasion.  I found only one store that had "Iowa" items other than fabrics.  They even had a couple of stamps.  As you can see I stamped "Herky" on the envelope and on the flap of the envelope I stamped "Proud to be a Hawkeye".  I rarely remember to line the envelope but I did  for her with the dotted paper.

Attending college at a large campus is going to be quite a change for her and we are wishing her every success as she pursues her goals.

Thank you for coming by today!

2 comments:

Lynette said...

What a great card for Allissa! Good luck to her - how exciting!

Sheri said...

ig changes indeed. I imagine she is excited and nervous at the same time. What a birthday to remember! Best of luck to her as she continues her education

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...