Monday, October 9, 2017

2nd CARD FROM YUPO PAPER


Last Thursday I showed you this piece that two of the granddaughters challenged me to use.  What do you see when you look at this piece?  Below is the 2nd card I did with it.


I had already cut away a corner of the 5" x 7" piece.  When I looked at the remaining portion of the colors, I turned the piece around and I saw a body of water and the lighter colored sky above.  There were two portions of white that bothered me so I trimmed it down further and added yellow with a Copic marker to represent the sun.  I used a white gel pen to add little waves in the water and already had a white sailboat in my "pieces".

Before adding the matted design to the card base, I cut a 4" x 5 1/4" piece and embossed it with the waves folder. The folder is designed vertically.  I realized that if I matched up the design and ran it through a second time, I would be able to get it horizontally.

Thanks to granddaughters, Ashlyn and Taryn, I was able to get 3 cards out of this one piece.  I have the third one ready to go, but you're going to have to come back on December 12th to see it.  I'm using it on a birthday card for Ashlyn.  So be sure to come back.

1 comment:

Lynette said...

Perfect, Vicki! What a great card, and a wonderful way to use the paper made by your granddaughters.

Using the pattern from  this  video referred to yesterday, you will get just one of this card.  Karen Titus added her squares right to the c...