Tuesday, October 3, 2017

EARLY THANKSGIVING CARD


This glittered design is another of the peel-off stickers from the Elizabeth Craft designs that I referred to yesterday.  I colored the design with Distress markers. When I was ready to use it, I noticed orange smudges that were on the white glittered area around the design.  I was so disappointed and discovered the ink had not dried and I had orange all over a couple of my fingers!   I briefly hit the design with my heat gun and put it aside until the next day.  

The only way to fix the situation was to cut out the design.  I remembered some plaid Stampin' Up! designer paper that I had from last year and added a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" piece to an Ivory card base.  I used a Penny Black die to cut out the "Thankful" with card stock and added the sticker design.

I wish I had more of this plaid designer paper since I have more of these sticker pieces to use.

Thanks for coming by today!  Your comments are welcome and appreciated!

2 comments:

Lynette said...

I love the dark, rich colors on the pumpkin. And the sparkle, of course:) Wonderful card. Way to use up your stickers.

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful card, Vicki! LOVE it!

   These are two cards I made using the second format from Robin Armbrecht's video.  (You can see a link in yesterday's post.)  I li...