Monday, January 15, 2018

POPPY STAMPS DIE - Heart Swoosh


This was actually the very first Valentine I put together this year.  I was trying to come up with an idea for the 97 cards we'll making for the care center and independent living center.

I really like this one using red glitter paper but I realized I didn't have enough glitter paper to complete the project. 


I remembered that months ago when I was already thinking about this project I decided I wanted to use some of the huge supply of Lasting Impressions papers that I still have.  What I like about this dotted paper is that has a white core so all I had to do was cut an 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" piece and fold it.  The border was cut with a Martha Stewart punch.  I added the Heart Swoosh with spray adhesive.  The solid color heart is simply the center of the "swoosh".

Once again I did't have enough of the dotted card stock to make 97 cards.  Plus I usually have things all cut and ready to assemble when we get together to make the cards.  Punching the border and cutting the dies one at a time was going to be pretty time consuming. These cards won't go to waste though because I'll be using them for my grandchildren.

Thank you for coming by today!

1 comment:

Lynette said...

They are both very pretty, Vicki! The grandkids will love them! Making 97 of ANY card is time-consuming! You are so kind to do that.

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...